Trauma, by definition, are those rare but shattering events that threaten one’s very safety and survival. The lasting effects of these events, such as sudden death, fires, natural disasters or violent assaults, can be prolonged and devastating. From the very onset of a trauma through the individual’s painstaking recovery, Ohel’s Trauma Team are available for guidance, support and direction.
We’re here to help children and adults through the many stages of grief and recovery for as long as our services are needed. We provide:
- • On-call trauma services teams deployed when crises occur.
- • Specialized support groups for those who have lost loved ones.
- • School-based programs promoting resilient classrooms and school communities.
- • School-based services for children who experienced traumatic incidents.
- • Training for teachers and first responders in the aftermath of tragic events.
- • Community-wide counseling forums and webinars in response to traumatic experiences or acts of violence in the community.
Our caring team is there when it matters most to support individuals, families, schools, and communities affected by trauma through the Ohel Zachter Family National Trauma Center, Ohel Kestenbaum Family International Children’s Services, and Ohel Brecher Family South Florida Trauma Services.
Trauma Sensitivity Training and Resources for Schools
Ohel is also piloting an innovative program that provides proactive training, resources, and ongoing support to schools that focuses on resilience-building and trauma-informed practice. Additional details to come.